A new agreement will make more isolation stretchers, the so called EpiShuttle, available to citizens and visitors of Qatar and the UAE.
The distributer agreement was signed by the frontrunner of medical equipment in the Middle East, Leader Healthcare, and the cutting-edge technology developer EpiGuard.
The two firms are now set on improving the preparedness of Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
– We have been searching for the best product to isolate and transport contaminated or contagious individuals. In our search, we found the EpiShuttle to have unparalleled features. The EpiShuttle is by far the superior product on the market. At the same time, it is the most cost efficient in use, Malaz M. Fadlallah, Head of Medical Division of Leader Healthcare said.
The EpiShuttle by EpiGuard is a single-patient isolation and transport system, designed to provide maximum public safety while allowing critical care and treatment to be performed on the contaminated patient inside.
– The EpiShuttle represents a major step forward in public safety, especially when it comes to large-scale mass gatherings. Large religious gatherings and sports events represent significant challenges for the entire health sector of host countries. Today, emerging and increasing public threats of natural or deliberate nature significantly increase the health and safety vulnerability of mass gatherings. The EpiShuttle has already proven effective in live transports of patients contaminated with chemical war agents as well as in hundreds of Covid-19 transports. We have also seen the EpiShuttle provide safe and efficient transports of patients with other infectious diseases like Ebola and Tuberculosis, Ellen Cathrine Andersen, CEO of EpiGuard said.
– We found a very good partner in Leader Healthcare. They have provided the finest healthcare solutions for more than ten years, and the EpiShuttle is a good strategic fit with their competence and knowledge. Now, we hope the EpiShuttle can keep even more citizens in Qatar and the UAE, safe from both existing threats and, perhaps more importantly so-far unknown threats, in years to come, Andersen continued.
– The EpiShuttle protects the surroundings from any contaminated person, while at the same time it allows for monitoring and full intensive care treatment of the unfortunate one inside. In addition, the adjustable backrest of the EpiShuttle is extremely important when trying to keep coughing from patients with yet unseen variants of Covid-19, at a minimum, Sukhdeep Sachdev, The Global CEO of Leader Healthcare explained.
– The EpiShuttle is a single patient isolation and transport system, for safe and certified transport of contagious patients through air, land, and sea. The EpiShuttle makes everyone safer, especially when we do not know what will strike next, the EpiShuttle is the safe choice, Andersen said.
The EpiShuttle is designed to protect both the environment or a single individual from contamination, in either positive or negative air-pressure mode. It can isolate and save a VIP, out of a contaminated area, in positive air-pressure mode.
The EpiShuttle is already in use with Abu Dhabi Police and Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services. Qatar, however, has no EpiShuttles.
On a global scale, the EpiShuttle is used by WHO as well as first responders in Germany, Belgium, Denmark, Peru, Ireland, Greece, Norway, and Finland. Also, national air forces like the British, Australian, Canadian, Danish, Norwegian and others are equipped with EpiShuttles. In the pirate sector you find EpiShuttles with companies Like FAI air ambulance, Air Alliance Medflight, DRF Luftrettung, Keewatin Air, Luxembourg Air Rescue, Loganair and others.